DISSEMINATION ACTIVITIES - 2004
Presentations to Stakeholders
- Coffee Talk Presentation (.pdf). Regina, March 2004.
- C-CIARN MCRI Presentation (.pdf). Vancouver, March 2004
- Conference on Confronting water scarcity (.pdf). Lethbridge, July 2004
- Presentation to the Iglu workshop (.pdf). Regina, October 2004
- Presentation to the workshop on climate variability (.pdf). Saskatoon, October 2004
- Comparing Human-Climate Interactions between Dryland River Basins in Western Canada and Northern Chile (.pdf). Arica, Chile 10 – 14 October 2005
- The Challenge of Climate Change. Adaptation and Mitigation Policies in Chile, CERLAC/ACELAC 2004
- A Comparative Study of Institutional Adaptive Capacity: South Saskatchewan River Basin, Canada, and Elqui River Basin, Northern Chile, May 4-7, 2005, Montréal, Québec
- B. Smit, Climate Change Impacts, Vulnerabilities, Adaptations Assessment for Decision-Making. Presented to Ouranos-Consortium sur les changements climatiqu. January 19, 2004, Montreal, Quebec.
- B. Smit, Climate Change and Adaptation. Presented at the University of Waterloo, February 23, 2004.
- B. Smit, Climate Change: So What for Agriculture? The Role of Adaptation. Presented to the Canadian Federation of Agriculture. February 24, 2004, Ottawa, Ontario.
- B. Smit, Climate Change Adaptation: A Producer Perspective. Presented at the CCIARN Agriculture Workshop. February 25, 2004, Gatineau, Quebec.
- B. Smit, Risks and Opportunities for Canadian Agriculture: Approaches and Applications. Presented to "Climate Change: its influence on the Canadian Economy," Environment Canada and Natural Resources Canada. Feb 26-27, 2004, Ottawa, Ontario.
- H. Diaz, D. Gauthier, D. Sauchyn, "Stormy Weather: Climate Change and Sustainability," Coffee House Controversies, March 4, 2004, Roca Jack's, Regina.
- B. Smit, Science and Practice of Vulnerability and Adaptation to Climate Change and Mainstreaming. Presented at C-CIARN Training and Information Session. March 8, 2004, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- D. Gauthier, "Land use overview on the prairies," Prairie Habitat Joint Venture Science and Policy Forum, March 24, 2004, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Calgary, Alberta.
- D. Sauchyn, "Potential Climate Change Impacts on Prairie Habitat," Prairie Habitat Joint Venture Policy Forum, Calgary, Alberta, March 24-25, 2004.
- D. Sauchyn, "Recent and Forecasted Change in Prairie Hydroclimate," Environmental Research and Studies Centre, University of Alberta, March 25, 2004.
- D. Sauchyn and M. Vetter, "Drought history and impacts on the northern margins of the Great Plains," The 18th Biennial Meeting of AMQUA,the Student Union of the University of Kansas (KU), Lawrence, Kansas, June 26-28, 2004.
- D. Sauchyn, "Do We Have the Tools to Change? Confronting Water Scarcity: Challenges and Choices," July 13-16, 2004, Lethbridge, Alberta.
- H. Morales and S. Salas, Social Adaptation to Climate Change. Pacific Regional Science Conference. PRESCO. Valdivia Chile. September 21, 2004.
- H. Diaz, D. Gauthier, and D. Sauchyn, "Overview of the SSHRC MCRI Project on Institutional Adaptation to Climate Change, South Saskatchewan River Basin (Canada) and ERB (Chile)," Inter-American Organization for Higher Education, Annual Conference of the Institute for University Management and Leadership (IGLU), October 6, 2004, University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan. (Power Point, PDF)
- H. Diaz, D. Gauthier, D. Sauchyn, "Institutional Adaptations to Climate Change: Comparative Study of Dryland River Basins in Canada and Chile," CWRA-PFSRB 2004 Workshop. Climate Variability: Planning for Floods, Droughts and Change Saskatoon, October 7-8, 2004. (Power Point, PDF)
- H. Diaz, "The Challenge of Climate Change. Adaptation and Mitigation Policies in Chile," Canadian Association for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, October 28-31, 2004, Guelph University, Guelph, Ontario. (Power Point, PDF)
- D. Corkal, Presentation to federal departmental staff at "Meeting the Millennium Development Goals through Sustainable Agriculture," November 1-3, 2004, Ottawa, Ontario
- M. Fiebig. "Catástrofes Naturales y Vulnerabilidad en el Valle de Elqui," at the seminar "Cambio Climatico, Desastres y Adaptación," December 1-2, 2004, Santiago.
- D. Sauchyn, "SSRB Chile Project," Quarterly Educational Forum, December 8, 2004, Bow River Basin Council, Calgary, Alberta.
- Corkal, Darrell, "Institutional Adaptation to Climate Change. Social Sciences Research in Canada and Chile", a presentation to the AAFC-PFRA's Branch Executive Committee, March 15, 2004, Regina. (Power Point, PDF)
- S. Salas, ULS develops a new project to battle desertification. Tiempo Journal. March 2004.
- D. Sauchyn, “Alberta, Chile and Climate Change,” Innovation Alberta (http://www.innovationalberta.com/), July 15, 2004.
- S. Salas, Against Desertification—New Project. Special Edition. Diario el Dia. Lunes 28 de Junio 2004.
- D. Sauchyn, CBC Newsworld Documentary on Canadian weather disasters, October 18, 2004.
- H. Diaz, Radio Interview, Radio Canada International, June 7, 2004.
- A. Rojas, “A Thirst for Water Research,” Reach Out, a publication of the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences at UBC, Summer/Fall 2004 (A. Rojas)
- “Canada and the World Map,” Canadian Geographic, November–December, 2004, Vol. 124, No. 6.
- Workshop “Cambio Climático. Desastres y Adaptación. Perspectivas Ciudadanas Hacia la Décima Conferencia de las Partes de la Convención Sobre Cambio Climático,” a CONAMA/IACC Workshop (with the participation of B. Reyes, S. Salas, and M. Fiebig), Santiago, December 1–2, 2004. (DOC, PDF)
© Institutional Adaptations to Climate Change
Site Map | Links