DISSEMINATION ACTIVITIES - 2005
Presentations to Stakeholders
- A Comparative Study of Institutional Adaptive Capacity: South Saskatchewan River Basin, Canada, and Elqui River Basin, Northern Chile, May 4-7, 2005, Montréal, Québec
- H. Diaz and D. Gauthier, "Adaptive Capacity for the South Saskatchewan River Basin," workshop organized by C-CIARN Agriculture and the Global Environmental Change, February 17, 2005, Edmonton, Alberta.
- D. Sauchyn, "Climate Change Impacts on Prairies Region," Climate Change Adaptation and Canadian Agriculture: Impacts And Capacity, February 17, 2005, Edmonton, Alberta.
- D. Sauchyn, "What is Climate Change?" Agency Chiefs Tribal Council, Climate Change, Alternative & Renewable Energy Conference, March 1, 2005, Saskatoon.
- D. Sauchyn, "What's With the Weather? The Controversy of Climate Change," QUEST: North Conference, March 4-5, 2005, Winnipeg.
- D. Gauthier, "Participatory stakeholder participation processes." Presentation to the national workshop on Assessing Biodiversity on
Agricultural Lands, March 7-8, 2005, Delta Airport West Hotel, Toronto, Ontario.
- D. Sauchyn, "Reconstructing Alberta's climate from tree-rings for the past 500 years," Alberta Geological Survey, March 14, 2005.
- H. Zavala and E. Mall, "Hydrological Budget in Semi-Arid Mountainous River Basins in Coquimbo Region, Chile, under Climatic Change Conditions, "International Association of Hydrological Sciences, Foz de Iguazu, Brazil, April 3, 2005.
- Reyes, B. “Adaptation o Mitigation?", Presentation to the Seminar Cambio Climatico, Desastres y Adaptacion, Universidad ARCIS, December 4, 2005. (Power Point, PDF)
- Fiebig-Wittmaack, M. “La influencia del embalse Puclaro sobre el clima local”, Instituto de Investigaciones Agropecuarias, La Serena, June 2005.
- Reyes, B. Presentation to the “National Seminar on Disasters and Climate Change: Global Climate Change Citizenship,” organized by CONAMA, Universidad Bolivariana, Universidad C. Silva Enriquez, April 2005.
- Reyes, B. Presentation to regional seminar “Global Climate Change and Local Renewable Resources,” Ovalle, region de Coquimbo, Chile, May 6, 2005. Organized by Ovalle City Council, May 2005.
- Reyes, B. Presentation of Overview of the SSHRC MCRI Project on Institutional Adaptations to Climate Change on the “National Self-evaluation and Consultative Workshop for the Second National Communication on Climate Change,” organized by the national Commission on Climate Change and UNDP, September 2005.
- Salas, S. “Vulnerabilidad, Cambio Climatico y Desertificación,” Seminario Cambio Climatico, Ovalle, Chile, May 6 and 7, 2005.
- Sauchyn, Dave, Harry Diaz, Jorge Cepeda and Melita Fiebig. “Comparing Human-Climate Interactions between Dryland River Basins in Western Canada and Northern Chile.” 2nd Southern Deserts Conference, Human-Environment Interactions in Southern Hemisphere Deserts: Past, Present and Future, Arica, Chile, October 10–14, 2005. (Power Point, PDF)
- Sauchyn, D.J. “Water, Drought and Climate Change: The Long View.” International Waters Association, Watershed Conference 2005, September 13–15, 2005, Calgary, Alberta. Keynote Speaker. (Power Point, PDF)
- Sauchyn, D.J. Alberta Vulnerability Assessment Project— Climate and Biophysical Scenario Overview. Vulnerability Assessment—Social/Economic Workshop, University of Alberta, May 26, 2005. Invited.
- Diaz, H., Radio Interview—CJTR Community Radio, July 11, 2005.
- Patino, L., Faculty of Arts, the University of Regina. Autumn 2005. Researching climate change: students groomed for leadership. Art Beats Newsletter 3 (1): 6. www.uregina.ca/arts
- Sauchyn, D., Contributed to “Fire and Ice” (Extreme Weather documentary), CBC Newsworld, broadcast several times during October 2005.
- Sauchyn, D., Commentary on climate change impacts on water supplies, CBC Radio International, November 18, 2005.
- Smit, B., radio interview, CBC Radio “The Current,” June 20, 2005.
- Smit, B., radio interview, The Weather Network (television), May 6, 2005.
- Smit, B., radio interview, CBC “The National” (television), December 1, 2005.
- Smit, B., press interview, featured in Guelph Mercury, December 7, 2005.
- S. Salas, ULS develops a new project to battle desertification. Tiempo Journal. March 2004.
- D. Sauchyn, “Alberta, Chile and Climate Change,” Innovation Alberta (http://www.innovationalberta.com/), July 15, 2004.
- S. Salas, Against Desertification—New Project. Special Edition. Diario el Dia. Lunes 28 de Junio 2004.
- D. Sauchyn, CBC Newsworld Documentary on Canadian weather disasters, October 18, 2004.
- H. Diaz, Radio Interview, Radio Canada International, June 7, 2004.
- A. Rojas, “A Thirst for Water Research,” Reach Out, a publication of the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences at UBC, Summer/Fall 2004 (A. Rojas)
- “Canada and the World Map,” Canadian Geographic, November–December, 2004, Vol. 124, No. 6.
- M. Fiebig, Interview at the TVN (Televisión Nacional de Chile) about climate change evidence in the Coquimbo Region, January 2005.
- D. Sauchyn, CTV—Canada Weekend, January 18, 2005.
- H. Diaz, University of Regina Update Publication, Leader-Post, Regina, February 3, 2005.
- D. Sauchyn, CTV Farmgate, April 2, 2005.
© Institutional Adaptations to Climate Change
Site Map | Links